No Risk to the Legitimate Business Owner
There is no risk to a business with or from Safe and Trusted Canada.
These reasons may give you why we make that claim.
Information Only profiles contain links to your website, social media, and other review sites that are already available to the consumer. We include your contact data and other information available to consumers in one profile. It is as if the consumer did the research and of course, we will be happy to update your information if there are changes. Archival of the business occurs if the business is no longer in operation. The business owner can contact us and we are more than happy to inform Better Business Bureau and Google that your business is no longer in operation. They can contact you directly if required.
Account Holders can add unlimited content to their business profile. The business owner has an enormous opportunity to add what may be missing on their current website and is a positive way to increase more traffic for the business. Since the owner provides the content or authorizes our Admin to take current content provided by the business website, there can be no risk to the business owner. The business moves to an Information Only profile if the business no longer has account access.
There are only two key areas of concern, but will not affect legitimate business owners. a) the business owner places credentials into their profile they do not possess and b) the business owner posts reviews about their business from staff or people connected with the business.
Account Holders control the review process. They must agree that the customer giving the review is, in fact, their customer. They can post a review, respond to a review or reject a review and deal with the client in private. The business has unlimited opportunity to get as much feedback as possible and handle issues promptly while posting reviews immediately when you and your staff have done well. The business cannot post reviews that are paid or that are directly connected to the business in any way.
Account Holders can place their business credentials into their profile and users can sort and select companies based on credentials that the consumer is seeking. The user will check the credentials that the company places in their profile. Now if a company puts credentials into their profile, they do not have we put an alert on your profile. As an example, if you stated you are licensed and legal, and you were not, your business will be flagged with an alert for one year. Safe and Trusted Canada has to protect the credibility of the website as well.
The Site provides a free Basic Account to most businesses that are seeking customers and want to expand and grow their business. We do not refund payments because we provide a Basic Account at no charge, and we see this as a trial account option before embarking to higher account status.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PLACE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT INTO EVERY PROFILE
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly to the business only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.