How Does Our Credentials Platform Work With Account Access?
The Site will not approve account status for businesses with poor ratings in general or if the business has an F-Rating with Better Business Bureau.
The consumer decides on the credentials they want in the business and whether or not the reviews on the business from this site or other sites warrant further contact.
There are many government and city rules regarding licensing and legal requirements. The enforcement of those licenses and laws belongs to governments and cities.
As the database is public, government agencies are welcome to use our database to contact business owners at any time if their records indicate that the business is missing certain factors.
Every province is different, every city and town are different not only in what is required but what in fact is enforced.
Consumers can use our search functions to filter their requests. Businesses are penalized if they list credentials they do not possess. A business that lists credentials they cannot support if challenged will have an alert put on their profile.
Safe and Trusted Canada advises the consumer to seek as many credentials as possible in shortlisting businesses that they may wish to use. See the links for more information.
If you are a regular business we suggest that you look to gain trust with consumers by having at least the following credentials. If you are a new business then you can start and add credentials as you achieve those elements. Do not add business credentials you do not have. Click onto the image to expand if necessary. See below.
If you are a contractor, place the regular credentials as a business as well as those you have as a contractor above. If you do not have all the criteria in place, you can add it as you obtain it. Click onto the image to expand. Do not add any credentials you do not have.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PLACE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT INTO EVERY PROFILE
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly to the business only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.