What is a Region or Trade Area?
The first trade or region for the business must be their physical location for Information Only Profiles and Basic Subscriptions.
Additional trade areas or regions add presentation options with Standard, Advanced, and Professional subscriptions.
Provincial trade regions or trade areas are automatic.
Information Only - Physical Location Only.
Basic - Physical Location Only
Plus - Physical Location Only
Standard -3 Trade Areas
Advanced - 6 Trade Areas
Professional- 12 Trade Areas
A business must select trade areas closest to their actual physical location.
Contractors working in other trade areas other than their physical location must meet licensing requirements for those trade areas if projects are being performed in those areas.
If the business supplies products and wants to advertise directly that the consumer should come to their location, there are no licensing requirements involved.
The following trade areas are now active in Canada, and this is a significant opportunity for businesses to be seen first in a trade area if they have a professional subscription level. See Trade Areas
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site, as a matter of policy, does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly to the company only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines the subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as the removal of the business may occur at any time.