How Reviews Are Processed?
Information Only Profiles will display an aggregate of all reviews submitted to Safe and Trusted Canada by verified users. The Business owner may post reviews of their business when they have an account.
We suggest that the business applies for a Basic Account where they will be able to respond to and post reviews. Our policy allows a business to leave our Site on demand, and we clearly articulate that in every profile in our Notes area.
Business owners will have the ability to have a Basic Subscription at no cost and may opt for other subscription types.
Although we understand the importance of reviews, we are not interested in business owners leaving positive reviews about their business through their employees or people connected to the business. This would be a violation of our policy.
Safe and Trusted Canada sees problems with some people leaving reviews about a business in one part of the country and two hours later leaving a review about a company 2000 miles away. Sometimes you will see multiple reviews on different businesses all from the same person on the same day. The business owner can reject a review from anyone that is not an actual customer.
Our system clearly indicates that transactions between a business and a customer belong only to them. We do not mediate issues. This includes reviews.
So our system puts the posting of reviews directly into the hands of the business owner with numerous options to correct issues, and verify reviews from actual customers that have dealt with the business.
Users can leave a review by placing their email address or phone number in the review area. The purpose of this is so a business can contact the customer directly to thank them for the review or as a heads up that there was a problem. The email address will be verified in our process but only once. In this way, users can leave reviews with other businesses on our system.
All Accounts can keep the review for reference, respond directly to the customer, or delete the review with a note as to why it has been deleted by the business owner. The review may also be posted or not posted by the business. The Aggregate score for all reviews for the business is posted.
Posting the review. The business is not allowed to post reviews from those directly connected to the business as an employee or as any staff linked to the business. Doing so causes concerns and we considered it a fraudulent review.
Posting the review with a response. The area of reply can be for both negative or positive reviews. The business then posts the review.
Rejection of a review for other reasons. Other reasons for rejecting a review might be as follows:
- The business is in court action with the consumer or is in collections.
- The business is not aware that this is a customer.
- The review is a personal attack and not an objective review.
- Employee complaints and issues.
- Business to Business relationships.
Please note that a customer can ask to have their review removed from the business profile at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The bottom line is that a small percentage of reviews will be negative and the business has an obligation to deal with their legitimate customers.
Reviews must be posted by the business owner through their account access.
The review format gives the consumer the decision to leave a positive, neutral or negative review. It also gives the consumer their opinion on whether they are likely or less likely to recommend this business to others. The review is verified by the business owner before it can be posted.
The consumer will only see posted reviews. A rejected review will not show up as part of the overall rating. If the consumer is not happy with the business and feels that they are not being dealt with properly by the business owner, they can always leave reviews at other sites or take legal action.
Clearly, in every profile, the Site indicates that transactions between the consumer the business are between the two entities.
Safe and Trusted Canada provides links to review sites associated with the business in the business account area if they have an account. We provide links to Google and Safe and Trusted Canada in public view.
The business owner will have links to other review sites through account access. These review links may be proprietary to a particular site and will not be published. The owner of the business will be able to see the information that other sites contain for the purposes of correcting information about their business.
Check Better Business Bureau for any extra information by going to bbb.org
The last point is the most important. Safe and Trusted Canada can remove account access at any time, and the business may be archived from our database on request as well.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PLACE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT INTO EVERY PROFILE
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly to the business only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.