Is Advertised Name of Business Accurate?
A good test for clarification is that if you as a business could not become accredited with Better Business Bureau because of your name, that usually means something is wrong.
As a business, your advertised name is not pointing people to a domain and using that domain as your advertised name. It does not meet policy and can lead to lawsuits from other companies who have legally registered the name.
As a business owner, the very last thing you want to do is advertise as a name that you cannot legally use. Why would you want to spend money on websites, and other advertising only to have to shut down and restart the whole process all over again?
There are cases where the business owner has bought the rights to a franchise. The franchise is registered or trademarked, and the business owner cannot register the name. Their advertised name is already in place.
A person may display their personal name but cannot have any other words associated with it according to registration branches. Some professional designations are allowed. Contact the corporation's registry for your province.
Registration of your business name is important. Get it done as soon as possible. Sometimes as a new business, you may have delays or may have thought it was registered because you have a Business number with Canada Revenue. It is one the key components that consumers may look at to ensure that you plan to stay in business.
Safe and Trusted Canada allows the consumer to make their decisions on the quality of the links as well as the quality of the content. There is no interpretation nor does Safe and Trusted Canada endorse, validate, recommend or suggest a business. We provide a system where the consumer sorts and selects businesses based on the criteria the consumer feels important to them.
The Site automatically reduces the subscription to an Information Only profile should the subscription be cancelled. The business may also be archived. See When We Archive a Business.
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- Use this Site as only one source of information and seek other sources if possible.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- Site Admin provides links to other review locations in the business profile that the business owner cannot delete or change.
- Check Better Business Bureau Report if available.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.