What is an Information Only Profile?
Businesses applying for all subscription types have to be approved by Safe and Trusted Canada taking into consideration years in business and their overall business record. See other Subscription Types.
Information Only profiles produce a business profile based on what consumers would readily find about the company on the internet.
It may include contact data for the company if available as well as links to social media, and review sites that contain the business profile if available.
Safe and Trusted Canada "The Site" now allows reviews from consumers. Information Only profiles do not have the ability to respond or to post reviews because they do have account status. This will give the consumer information that may not be available unless the business takes out an account.
Users have the responsibility to view all the links, rating, and reviews. The review sites can be positive or negative. See the Better Business Links if they are available. The links can change at any time. The business as an Information Only profile is as it is highlighted " Information Only."
Information Only profiles can ask for archival of their listing if they are no longer in business. If Google and Better Business Business Bureau have the business as closed, then we will also archive and remove. They can also ask for removal as they own their business information. Safe and Trusted Canada is a neutral site.
As a business, if your Information Only Profile needs updating, the company can contact The Site. There is no obligation for you to apply for an account, but suggest this as an option to grow your business further at no cost. If you are out of business please advise so that site admin can archive your profile.
An account holder has responsibility and accountability to ensure that they do not place credentials into their profile that they do not possess. The account holder can process reviews from their customers including posting those reviews to their profile. It is essential they do not post reviews for anyone connected with the business directly or indirectly. See Alerts Criteria Applicable to Account Holders.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PLACE THE FOLLOWING CONTENT INTO EVERY PROFILE
- Information Only Profiles are as advertised to the public on the internet.
- The Site as a matter of policy does not recommend, accredit, suggest, promote, or validate any business. Consumers do that through reviews.
- The Site provides public links to review sites that permit us to publish those links.
- The Site provides private links to all other trademarked review sites about the business directly to the business only through their account access.
- Subscription types give business owners different advertising options, but the Site does not suggest that credibility determines the subscription level.
- Users can use the advanced features of the Credentials Search to determine the degree of reliability for each business.
- It is the responsibility of the user to check the credentials advertised by the business.
- Notify Site Admin immediately where the business is advertising credentials they do not have, or information is not current.
- The company and the consumer entirely determine transactions with each other.
- Safe and Trusted Canada does not mediate complaints, issues, or concerns.
- Seek legal advice for complex transactions.
- Protect your interests as removal of the business may occur at any time.